If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare quotes annually from companies in Oklahoma. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who compare rates once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved an average of $865 annually compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Oklahoma City is your objective, then having a good understanding how to shop for insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Oklahoma City can be made easier if you know where to look. If you are already insured, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas presented in this article. But Oklahoma vehicle owners must learn the way companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
Jeep Compass Insurance Cost Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Gender and auto insurance prices – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Males and females get in accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Compass auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Avoid tickets and save – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Getting just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates substantially. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Jeep Compass insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft.
- Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – Lots of insurers allow a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other Oklahoma City Compass insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Liability protection claims can be big – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving a lot of miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy states the right rating data, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Compass may be costing you.
What type of vehicle do you drive? – The type of vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Jeep Compass insurance rates compared to other models that have different performances.
Jeep Compass claim statistics – Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Compass vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Compass Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Compass 4dr 2WD 87 135 58 128 124 142 Jeep Compass 4dr 4WD 76 114 63 99 107 106BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
There are several ways to compare quotes from insurance companies in your area. The best way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find the best rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Jeep Compass insurance charts and tables
The price information shown next showcases a range of coverage prices for Jeep Compass models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are formulated can help customers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$292||$470||$458||$28||$136||$1,384||$115|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$336||$572||$458||$28||$136||$1,530||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
Why you need quality insurance for your Jeep Compass
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Compass in Oklahoma City, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jeep Compass, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Oklahoma overpays more than $850 per year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Oklahoma City with discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to monitor driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below compares Jeep Compass insurance prices with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Oklahoma City. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Jeep Compass insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can give you free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Oklahoma City can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City willing to provide rate quotes.
- Rita Wallenberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
2833 SW 119th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-2464 – View Map
- Jerry Black – State Farm Insurance Agent
12325 N May Ave #117 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 751-1860 – View Map
- Marcia Corcoran – State Farm Insurance Agent
3135 NW 63rd St b – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 848-8878 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quote information.
- Econo-Wise Insurance Agency, Inc.
2705 SW 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73119 – (405) 682-6699 – View Map
- Action Plus Insurance Agency
9005 S May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 631-9009 – View Map
- Courtesy Insurance Agency
324 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 755-4571 – View Map
Once you have good responses to any questions you may have and cheap Compass insurance quotes, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
Oklahoma car insurance company ratings
Ending up with the highest-rated company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Oklahoma. The ranking information shown next could help you decide which companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Should I rate my Jeep Compass as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- If my Jeep Compass is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Cheap insurance prices are available
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
Low-cost Jeep Compass insurance in Oklahoma City is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Oklahoma City car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
We just covered many ways to save on Jeep Compass insurance in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jeep Compass insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)