A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Oklahoma City consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma City is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have coverage now or need new coverage, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing coverage. Comparison shoppers just have to know the proper way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Low Cost companies for Toyota Yaris iA insurance
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Six Things That Influence Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates. Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Toyota in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the right rating data, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Yaris iA can cost quite a bit.
Females tend to be lower risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Performance impacts prices – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on low performance passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Oklahoma DMV.
Lower rates for married couples – Being married may save some money compared to being single. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Don’t skimp on liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Toyota Yaris iA insurance discounts in Oklahoma City
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online shopper, DriveSense, multi-car, good student, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, and education and occupation.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-policy, good student, and air bags.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Savings may not be available in Oklahoma City. To find providers offering insurance discounts in Oklahoma City, click here.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Oklahoma City?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
If you want to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Oklahoma City are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance – Paul Michael
8320 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 632-2751 – View Map
- Rita Wallenberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
2833 SW 119th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-2464 – View Map
- Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Shelton Agency
6401 NW Expressway # 100B – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
- Actionplus Insurance Agency
5831 NW 23rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73127 – (405) 702-9009 – View Map
- Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
Compare but don’t skimp
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)