Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best price on insurance in Oklahoma City is your goal, learning the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Oklahoma.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article provides ideas to lower rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Finding the most affordable protection in Oklahoma City is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about anyone who has to buy auto insurance will most likely find a lower price. Nevertheless, Oklahoma consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to buy Oklahoma City Kia Spectra insurance online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These seven discounts can lower Kia Spectra insurance rates
Some insurers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Professional Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get reduced rates.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will reduce your policy cost.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good student, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver’s education, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Travelers discounts include good student, driver training, home ownership, payment discounts, continuous insurance, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, driver training, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, seat belt use, air bags, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To choose insurance companies who offer online Kia Spectra insurance quotes in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Oklahoma City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a good Oklahoma City insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agents can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- State Auto Insurance
4030 NW 10th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 943-5575 – View Map
- Paul W. Meade Insurance Agency, Inc.
4220 N Classen Blvd – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 524-1541 – View Map
- Econo-Wise Insurance Agency, Inc.
2705 SW 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73119 – (405) 682-6699 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ciani Portillo
3200 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 635-1212 – View Map
- Terry Amacher – State Farm Insurance Agent
4509 NW 63rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 721-5500 – View Map
- Tony Brummitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
9509 N Council Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 721-1423 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oklahoma City?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
After getting good responses for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you wish so never feel that you are obligated to a policy for the entire policy term.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Spectra.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and hitting a deer. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, medical services, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Spectra resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Spectra in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses such as nursing services, dental work, pain medications, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Cheap Kia Spectra insurance in Oklahoma City can be found online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)