If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Oklahoma City.
Step 1: Read and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional tips to prevent high prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unthinkable but true, most consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Oklahoma insurance shoppers could pocket about 35% a year, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Buying affordable insurance in Oklahoma City can be fairly easy. Essentially everyone who quotes insurance will probably be able to save money. But Oklahoma vehicle owners must know how big insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering cheap Jeep Liberty rates in Oklahoma City, OK
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
The rate table displayed next outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Jeep Liberty models. Having a better idea how premiums are established can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$336||$590||$606||$36||$182||$1,750||$146|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$384||$590||$606||$36||$182||$1,798||$150|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$384||$590||$606||$36||$182||$1,798||$150|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$384||$590||$606||$36||$182||$1,798||$150|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$384||$718||$606||$36||$182||$1,926||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can modify price quotes noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The information below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Jeep Liberty insurance prices for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Jeep Liberty auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Liberty replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get Cheap Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
Vocation reflects on premiums – Jobs such as doctors, airline pilots, and emergency personnel usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as professors, students and performers pay the least.
Get better rates if married – Getting married may save some money on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The chart below is based on a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Jeep Liberty car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Incidental coverages may be wasting money – Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Jeep Liberty insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select car insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Liberty insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jeep Liberty insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, business and professional, teen driver, and early shopping.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, accident-free, business or organization, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Oklahoma City.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Oklahoma City auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Oklahoma City are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agents in Oklahoma City who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Perimeter Insurance
4200 Perimeter Center Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 778-8880 – View Map
- Ledbetter Insurance and Risk
1000 NW Grand Blvd #110 – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 840-9090 – View Map
- Multi Quote Insurance
2101 SW 71st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 604-5999 – View Map
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quotes.
- Tom Woodward – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 W Memorial Rd #115 – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 755-5958 – View Map
- Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
- David Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
6444 Northwest Expy #450 – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 787-1111 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Jeep Liberty insurance in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Jeep Liberty insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)