Do you want to save money by finding more competitive insurance rates in Oklahoma City, OK? Oklahoma City shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Hyundai and locate the lowest possible price from Oklahoma City insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since prices change frequently. Just because you had the best quotes on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Oklahoma City last year you will most likely find a better rate today. You can search a lot of Entourage insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to find cheap insurance in Oklahoma City.
Choosing the best rates in Oklahoma City is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Hyundai. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Hyundai gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Oklahoma City is overpaying more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Oklahoma City
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, pay in full, multi-car, teen driver, and good student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, DriveSense, good student, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and renters.
- State Farm discounts include good student, multiple autos, passive restraint, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, good student, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- Allstate has discounts for FullPay discount, new car, utility vehicle, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, premier plus, and economy car.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Oklahoma City insurance agency
Many drivers still like to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oklahoma City?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Oklahoma City may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eva Herrera
2519 NW 23rd St #140 – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 301-8162 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you comparison quotes.
- Professional Insurors Agency, LLC
7301 Broadway Ext – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 843-9191 – View Map
- Scott Godwin Insurance Agency – OKC Insurance
9026 SE 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73150 – (405) 600-6400 – View Map
- Thomas Baste Insurance Agency
8503 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 604-5600 – View Map
Different people need different insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- If my Hyundai Entourage is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Liability car insurance
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, attorney fees, pain and suffering, structural damage and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Entourage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Entourage in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills like rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, funeral costs, surgery and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Hyundai Entourage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
More affordable insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
When you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find the cheapest rates for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Oklahoma City
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Oklahoma City is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Oklahoma.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)