It’s hard to fathom, but over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Most drivers in the U.S. can save 47% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on TSX insurance. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The coverage information shown next outlines a range of rate quotes for Acura TSX models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are determined can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$374||$846||$430||$26||$128||$1,804||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence premiums significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Acura TSX insurance costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Acura TSX liability-only versus full coverage
The information below compares Acura TSX insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura TSX settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Acura TSX insurance in Oklahoma City
Some companies don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on TSX insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have better car insurance rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Online Discount – Some car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Oklahoma City auto insurance quote.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new TSX is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura TSX auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered in Oklahoma City. To locate insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though Oklahoma City TSX insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Oklahoma City auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Oklahoma City. The ranking data in the lists below could help you analyze which providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Oklahoma City insurance agent
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is especially important in Oklahoma City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a local Oklahoma City insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Oklahoma City are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare prices from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Oklahoma City?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How long has their agency been open in Oklahoma City?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
After you get reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.